As I step out of my front door and make my way down the alley I look down and see an old Parliment cigerette pack, a crushed Bud Light can, and a crumbled piece of paper where all I can make out of it is some ad for Subway. I look up and see The Crystal and to the left and right of me is graffiti pasting the walls that I walk by everyday. I make it to Court St. after tripping on an old Quiznos cup, I felt like it was calling to me saying drink me!! I turn right on Court St. as I head to College Bookstore..only a few more blocks to go. I look at the car parked next to me and I see that it has a U.S. Army bumper sticker. I keep heading for the bank, trying to not get too distracted by all the rhetoric. I never realized how much there was around me. As I make my way past the Chinese restaurant I see a Kid Cudi poster. It seems that he is coming to Columbus sometime soon. Also, I see a Bluegrass BBQ poster and I think, hmm that could be interesting. As I cross the crosswalk and make my way closer to the bookstore I see that Chase bank has about a million flyers that I haven't even paid attention to before. Some add about joining an organization and others for Dance or Die at the Union. I keep walking and pass Chipotle, a smell like no other, it just pulls me in every time I walk past. Finally, I make it to the bookstore and I see they are renting textbooks on the sign outside and that you can save 50% or more. Good deal, I think as I make my way downstairs to the Art Supplies.
I never realized that I could be distracted by so many things if you just stop and look for a minute and not be in such a hurry. A five minute walk turned into a 20 minute one but it wasn't a bad thing. I got to see and learn about so many new things that I didn't even realize surrounded me.

I feel that you have a good start but I would expand on what you do have. Since you started your day at home, why not end it at home? Or was going to the bookstore the only task you had for that day?
ReplyDeleteGood blog! I love your description about the things you saw on Court Street. Made me kind of hungry... I wish there were a little more examples though.
ReplyDelete